- All Deals
- From a Distance
- Community Giving
- Explore More
Select Dates June 5th - Sept. 26th
ALL ABOARD! Take the family on a scenic trip back in time with an Excursion Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad!
This dream outing for train lovers starts at Walkersville's authentic, turn-of-the-century railroad station. Next, board a vintage 1920s passenger car or an open-air flat car to start your journey over track that the Pennsylvania Railroad originally laid down in 1872.
Your excursion, which lasts a little over an hour, will chug beside a 100-year-old lime kiln, past picturesque Maryland farm country with a view of the Catoctin Mountains west of Frederick, and over a bridge high above the beautiful Monocacy River.
After your scenic choo-choo ride, check out the Railroad Museum (FREE!) just across the street, featuring a Children's Corner, educational displays, and model trains.
An outing with the Walkersville Southern Railroad is literally a trip that will take you over the river and through the woods! Except you won't be going to Grandmother's house -- take her along for the ride! ALL ABOARD!
Photo Credit: Amy Lipsius
What Real Parents Think:
Information & Restrictions
COVID 19 Update: Walkersville Southern Railroad is operating at reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. New Federal mandates require masks to be worn on trains. Open-air cars available, seats will be sprayed down in between runs, and sanitizing wipes/hand sanitizer will be available for use.
The Deal: $9 for Excursion Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad (Up to 36% Off).
- Admission for one adult ($14 value - 36% off) OR one child ages 2-12 ($10 value - 10% off) on a regular excursion train ride.
- VALID WEEKENDS ONLY. Regular excursion train rides depart each Saturday at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m (June through August) AND Sundays at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m (beginning in September). Voucher is valid from JUNE 5th through SEPTEMBER 26th. BLACKOUT DATES: July 24 & August 28. RAIN OR SHINE. VOUCHERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED PRIOR TO JUNE 6th.
What You Need to Know:
- HURRY! Limited number of vouchers available, don’t delay!
- No limit to the number of vouchers you can purchase. You can take the whole family!
- One voucher required per individual per train ride.
- Children 2 and under ride FREE on the lap of an Adult.
- Admission to the Walkersville Southern Railroad Museum is FREE.
- At checkout, please select whether you are purchasing adult or child tickets.
- Train runs rain or shine; vouchers are not refunded for inclement weather.
- Advanced reservations are not required.
Expiration: September 26, 2021
- This deal is redeemable for admission to a specific ticketed event and venue. It has no value once the event date and time has passed and is only refundable on day of purchase.
- Vouchers are not refundable for inclement weather.
- To reserve your seats in advance, please email admin@WSRR.org or call (301) 898-0899 with your name, 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number, number of guests attending and which event date/time you would like to attend.
- Please present your voucher at the ticket office for entry, printed or on a smartphone.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to train departure.
Valid only at Walkersville Southern Railroad. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed. Valid only for the dates listed above. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior purchases. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the services provided at redemption. Operating hours are subject to change; check directly with vendor prior to visit.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Baltimore, MD Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.