Saturdays, June 6th - Sept. 26th
ALL ABOARD! Take the family on a scenic trip back in time with an Excursion Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad!
This dream outing for train lovers starts at Walkersville's authentic, turn-of-the-century railroad station. Next, board a vintage 1920s passenger car or an open-air flat car to start your journey over track that the Pennsylvania Railroad originally laid down in 1872.
Your excursion, which lasts a little over an hour, will chug beside a 100-year-old lime kiln, past picturesque Maryland farm country with a view of the Catoctin Mountains west of Frederick, and over a bridge high above the beautiful Monocacy River.
After your scenic choo-choo ride, check out the Railroad Museum (FREE!) just across the street, featuring a Children's Corner, educational displays, and model trains.
An outing with the Walkersville Southern Railroad is literally a trip that will take you over the river and through the woods! Except you won't be going to Grandmother's house -- take her along for the ride! ALL ABOARD!
Photo Credit: Amy Lipsius
What Real Parents Think:
Information & Restrictions
COVID 19 Update: Walkersville Southern Railroad is following all current social distancing policies and will continue to update those as needed. Station agents and conductors will be wearing masks as required by the state, open-air cars offer lots of space available to social distance, seats will be wiped down in between runs, and sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer will be available for use. Museum is temporarily closed until the state allows.
The Deal: $9 for Excursion Train Ride at Walkersville Southern Railroad (Up to 36% Off).
- Admission for one adult (regularly $14 - 36% off) OR one child (regularly $10 - 10% off) on a regular excursion train ride.
- VALID SATURDAYS ONLY. Regular excursion train rides depart each Saturday at 11 a.m. AND 2 p.m. Voucher is valid ANY SATURDAY from JUNE 6th through SEPTEMBER 26th. RAIN OR SHINE. VOUCHERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED PRIOR TO JUNE 6th.
What You Need to Know:
- HURRY! Limited number of vouchers available, don’t delay!
- No limit to the number of vouchers you can purchase. You can take the whole family!
- One voucher required per individual per train ride.
- Children 2 and under ride FREE on the lap of an Adult.
- Admission to the Walkersville Southern Railroad Museum is FREE. Museum is temporarily closed due to COVID 19 restrictions.
- At checkout, please select whether you are purchasing adult or child tickets.
- Train runs rain or shine; vouchers are not refunded for inclement weather.
- Advanced reservations are not required.
Expiration: September 26, 2020.
- This deal is redeemable for admission to a specific ticketed event and venue. It has no value once the event date and time has passed and is only refundable on day of purchase.
- Vouchers are not refundable for inclement weather.
- Please present your voucher at the ticket office for entry, printed or on a smartphone.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to train departure.
- To guarantee your seats, please email Rachel@WSRR.org with your name, 12-digit CertifiKID voucher number, number of guests attending, and which event date/time you would like to attend.
Valid only at Walkersville Southern Railroad. Multiple vouchers may be purchased and redeemed. Valid only for the dates listed above. Cannot be combined with any other special offers, promotions or discounts. Not valid on prior purchases. Vendor is responsible for the quality of the services provided at redemption. Operating hours are subject to change; check directly with vendor prior to visit.
This deal / promo code / discount / special offer is only available through CertifiKID. If you experience any issues or difficulties with registering or purchasing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.
Find even more great Baltimore, MD Coupons & Deals from CertifiKID.